By Marvin | December 30, 2015 |
This one pot paleo meal will have the house smelling so good, you’ll be salivating before the dish is served!!
Recipe credit: Marla Sarris http://paleoporn.net/beef-roast-squash/
- 1 acorn squash
- albs grass-fed beef arm roast
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- coarse ground sea salt to taste
- coarse ground black pepper to taste
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups of Water
- Don’t worry about pealing the acorn squash but rinse the exterior well under running water and pat dry. Cut in half, then cut slices from each half. (You can cut the peel off the ends of the slices but if you cook it with the peel still on it will slightly break down and soften when cooked.)
- Cut each slice into equal size pieces.
- Add the cubed squash to the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Place the grass-fed beef arm roast on top of the squash.
- season arm roast with onion powder, cumin, ginger, cayenne pepper, sea salt and black pepper over the roast. Place the sliced bell pepper around the outside of the roast.
- Pour the water over the roast so the seasonings mix in with the vegetables.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
- Slice meat and serve with a sprinkle of sea salt on top of the beef squash. Transfer leftovers to sealed container and store in the fridge.