AND NEVER MISS A NEW POST
By superadmin | June 11, 2013 |
Most of us today are running on empty or completely on credit. I’m not speaking about your monetary bank account; I’m speaking to your internal energy bank account. If we have dreams of becoming leaner, stronger, faster etc… These ideas will be harder to reach unless we have an internal bank full of reserve energy. We may also need to address the underlying mental and emotional blockages that are draining our bank accounts unconsciously. Based on observations in my practice, the following has become the norm for us as a society
1. work 8-12 hour days
2. rush to and from meetings
3. rush everywhere
4. run errands
5. check facebook (every second or so)
6. check emails (every minute or so)
7. pay bills (mostly from spending money we don’t have)
8. TiVo you shows for late night viewing
9. rush on coffee, sugar and or displacing foods, because you have no time(to cook) or energy to live
10. meeting everyone else’s needs at the expense of your own
11. back breaking ass kicking workouts or no movement at all
12. 0 libido and/ or can’t get it or hold it up
13. faulty digestion
14. emotional mental distress
Does this sound familiar?
Is it possible that examples 1-10 show the complete externalization (human-Doings) of our lives and examples 10-17 are a few symptoms of this over externalization?
In my experience an over externalization of self leads to an autonomic nervous system which is sympathetic dominant (increased cortisol, insulin, adrenaline), once we become sympathetic dominant, back pain, joint pain, inflammation, irritation all increase, while fat loss, ease of life, freedom of movement all decrease.
As 95-97% of disease is now being attributed to lifestyle factors and the accumulation of stress from lifestyle, it may serve us very well to pay a visit to Dr. Quiet.
Let me introduce you to the Chief physician – Dr. Quiet
I would like you to imagine that externalization (human-Doing) in excess represents fire within the bodies of human-Beings (physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual). I would like you to also imagine that Dr. Quiet represents the water aspect of the human-being, which can help to bring the fire into balance. Please notice I said bring the fire into balance, not put the fire out, this is a very important concept to understand. Is it a possibility that we must bring life into balance to create health and wellness? We can just as easily create a laundry list of symptoms similar to the above by being water dominant.
“Balance, balance, balance, balance all the time” –NG
Dr. Quiet is the home of rest, regeneration, responding (rather than reacting), awareness, curiosity, meditation, internal exploration, cultivation, parasympathetic system (GH, testosterone, estrogen, DHEA, melatonin) in essence human-BEING.
If you are fire dominant, the lower levels of working “out” you need (fire). To bring yourself into balance you will need higher levels of working “in” (water) to attain your goals (fat loss, muscle gain, reduced inflammation, pain, etc). When we attain goals at the expense of our physiology there is always an equal response in the opposite direction to bring our physiology back into balance, this check and balance system can’t be beat, it is hard wired in each cell.
Here are a few simple ways to move Dr. Quiet into your life
Below are guidelines to using healing exercise for both chi-cultivation and connecting with deeper rooted mental, emotional blockages. These are only guidelines based on my personal experience, please feel free to use whatever works well for you. Choose any of the below or make up your own as part of your daily practice.
1. I enjoy bringing intention to any given healing exercise, then during the exercise having focused attention to my intention. This helps to focus the mind and is a form of meditation. Where your mind is focused your energy will follow.
2. As you do these “Energy” exercises, imagine that you are breathing in a deep cooling color which vibrates with the given chakra (1st Red, 2ndOrange, 3rd Yellow, 4th Green, 5th Blue, 6th Purple, 7th Light purple, or choose any color which feels soothing and healing to you). Imagine the color infusing every cell in your body, helping you to move any blockages which show up physically as –
– Past Injury
– Current pain
– Stability issues
– Tight muscles (yang) Breathe in Yin
– Loose muscles(yin) Breathe in Yang
– Ask your higher self to bring your awareness as to what part of you is in need of attention (2 year old, 3 year old etc)
3. Wearing the color of the chakra you are working on will help to attract that specific supportive energy during healing work.
4. Chanting affirmations during exercise which correlate to the chakra you are addressing ,here are some examples (A beautiful book for affirmations and other healing modalities “The Book of Chakra Healing” -Liz Simpso
– 1st My body is becoming more important to me. I nurture it constantly.
– My internal mother is always here for me, protecting, nourishing, and soothing me.
– I deserve the best that life has to offer my needs are always met.
– I recognize the abundance of love, trust, and care surrounding me.
– 2nd I am moving toward a time when I am totally happy and fulfilled. Life offers me everything I need for that journey.
– I am worthy of love and sexual pleasure.
– I have a right to express my desires to myself and others.
– Who I am is good enough
– Life is unfolding as it should
5. Focused breathing into your organs and glands during healing exercise is another way to become intimate with self/SELF. Before exercise quiet your mind and gently ask for guidance as to what organ or gland needs nourishment, pay attention to what comes up, then focus intention and attention towards that system for healing during exercise.
6. Purely focused on the flow of breath during any healing exercise. You will notice that your mind wanders away from breath and goes into “thinking”, recognize this, smile, and bring your attention and intention back to your breath.
7. These can be done anytime, when you are stressed they can be used to decrease stress, when you are low energy they can be used to energize you, your innate wisdom will give you exactly what you need in any given moment.
SIGN UP AND GET A FREE
FITNESS AND NUTRITION CONSULTATION!