By Marvin | June 9, 2016 |
Get over half of your daily protein with these delicious and easy to prepare turkey stuffed bell peppers!
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 30 min
- 4 green bell peppers, tops removed and seeded
- 1lb ground turkey
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Wrap green bell peppers in aluminum foil and place in a baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from heat.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook turkey until evenly brown. Set aside. Heat oil in the skillet and cook onion, mushrooms, zucchini, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and spinach until tender. Return turkey to the skillet. Mix in tomatoes and tomato paste and season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stuff the green peppers with the skillet mixture.
- Return peppers to the oven and continue cooking 15 minutes.
For original recipe, go to: