By Marvin | January 26, 2017 |
Type of dish: Dinner
Equipment: Slow Cooker (crockpot), Sauté Pan
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb andouille (or kielbasa) sausage, cut into thick slices
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 small jalapeños, cut in half, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1½ cups celery, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth or stock
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 lb cooked shrimp without tails
- sea salt to taste
- 1½ cups long grain white rice (optional)
- Sauté chicken and sausage on medium heat until browned.
- Add onion and bell peppers and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to slow cooker with remaining ingredients except salt and shrimp,
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- If using white rice, add after 5½ hours. with an additional cup of stock.
- When the rice is completely cooked taste for salt, add shrimp and warm through (about 5 minutes).
Recipe credit: https://chriskresser.com/recipe-slow-cooker-jambalaya/