By ascendbody | January 20, 2016 |
You can prepare a slow cooker meal in the morning and then have it ready when you come home for dinner, or you can choose to throw everything together right before you go to bed and have it ready when you wake up in the morning. Either way, cooking the chicken in a long and slow manner makes it completely tender and savory.
Recipe credit: By Rebecca Bohl (PaleoGrubs.com)
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15oz can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- Add the chicken to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, and garlic on top of the chicken.
- Pour the diced tomatoes and chicken stock over the top.
- Sprinkle with chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours. Use a fork to shred the chicken before serving.
- Garnish with cilantro and avocado.