By ascendbody | July 28, 2016 |
This is a delicious basic formula you may never make the same way twice. Enjoy!
Serving: 1 to 1 1/4 cups.
- 1/ 2 cup tightly packed chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons tightly packed chopped herb, such as fresh tarragon, chervil, chives, cilantro, mint, watercress, spicy broadleaf cress, garden cress, nasturtium blossoms, small nasturtium leaves, or basil.
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed, pressed dry between towels, and coarsely chopped.
- 1 small garlic clove minced fine.
- About 2 teaspoon of finely chopped lemon zest.
- 1 tbsp finely diced shallot or red onion or thinly slivered scallion.
- Salt to taste.
- Freshly cracked black pepper.
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Optional dried chili flakes.
- Optional 3 anchovy fillets, chopped.
- Combine the parsley, other herb, capers, zest, garlic, shallot or red onion or scallion, a few pinches of salt, pepper or chili flakes & (anchovies) to taste, and barely 1/2 of the olive oil. Stir and taste.
- Add more oil and salt to taste; since salt will not dissolve instantly in the olive oil, allow each sprinkle time to dissolve before you decide the salsa needs more.
- Stir in any optional ingredients and transfer to a tall storage vessel, so very little of the salsa is exposed to the air.
- Don’t refrigerate, but set in a cool spot until needed. Do refrigerate leftovers.