By ascendbody | December 2, 2016 |
Recipe credit goes to Rachel @ SouthBeachPrimal.com
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Yields: 5 servings
- 4 pasture-raised eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup maple sugar + 1 tbsp
- 2 cups raw milk
- 1 cup organic grass-fed heavy cream
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- In a large mixing bowl, whip 4 egg yolks until light in color with a hand mixer, about 1 minute.
- Add 1/3 cup maple sugar to the yolks, beating until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the milk and heavy cream, along with the nutmeg. Mix to combine. Rinse the beaters with water.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add 1 tbsp maple sugar to the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Gently incorporate the egg whites into the yolk mixture. The eggnog should be frothy (but will lose some of its frothiness after being refrigerated for awhile.)
- Cover and chill completely before serving.
Notes: FYI this is a raw eggnog recipe. I’ve made it multiple times with good pastured eggs (even a few times with crappy supermarket eggs) and haven’t had any issues. However, if you feel more comfortable cooking it on the stove before chilling then go for it.