By Marvin | January 20, 2017 |
Recipe credit: Ashley Thomas
- 3 cups cooked chicken, white and dark meat
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee or fat of choice
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound peeled potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 pound peeled potatoes, diced
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne, optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Melt the butter in a dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and saute for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Next, add the 1 pound of roughly chopped potatoes and chicken broth to the pot. Bring the broth to a boil then cover with a lid and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Turn the heat to low.
- Use a slotted spoon to scoop the potatoes into a blender. Add the coconut milk to the blender and puree. Set aside for now.
- Add the pound of diced potatoes and the carrots to the pan (the carrots and potatoes should be about the same size).
- Bring the broth to a boil, cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. Cook for 9-10 minutes, or until the potatoes and carrots are fork tender.
- Add the celery, peas, spices, cooked chicken and pureed potatoes to the pan and mix well.
- Raise the heat to medium low and cook for 5 minutes.
For original recipe, go to: http://myheartbeets.com/chicken-pot-pie-soup-paleo/