By ascendbody | April 19, 2017 |
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons real salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken, cut into bit size pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow or orange pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a small bowl, combine the oregano, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, cumin, and parsley. Mix well.
- Place 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a fry pan and add the chicken and half of the seasoning mix. Cook until chicken is done, stirring often- about 7 minutes. Remove to a bowl or plate.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil and add the onion and peppers to the pan. Sprinkle the remaining seasoning mix on them and cook until tender- about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve chicken, peppers, and onions over Romaine lettuce or cauliflower rice, top with avocado if desired.
For more about this Paleo-licious recipe, click on over to our friends at Jays Baking Me Crazy!
*About Ascend Body: As the best personal trainers in San Francisco’s Mission District, we offer 1:1 personal training, Semi-Private strength training sessions and Boost your body small group training sessions. We pride ourselves on having the best nutritionist, massage therapists and wellness coaches in SF to provide you a one stop shop for all your SF fitness and wellness needs. Call (415) 724-7164 to schedule a free nutrition and fitness consultation today!