By Marvin | July 8, 2016 |
This salad is super easy to make and tastes best when the carrots have time to marinate and absorb the flavors of the spices!
- 1 large carrot, cut into little batons about 2 inches long and ¼ inch square
- 4oz broccoli rabe
- 1/4 teaspoon each cumin and coriander and turmeric, ground
- 1/2 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- A pinch of cayenne
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs chopped cilantro and/or parsley
- Cook carrots in salted boiling water until almost tender; they should be pliable, but still crisp in the center. Do the same with the broccoli rabe. Drain and then season with salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together spices and ginger, pour over the warm carrots and broccoli and toss gently. Marinate for a few hours or in the refrigerator overnight.
- . Just before serving, whisk together citrus juice and oil and herbs. Pour over the veggies and toss gently.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and lime juice as needed.
VARIATIONS: Garnish with green or black olives or use mint instead of cilantro or parsley.