By superadmin | May 21, 2013 |
Hello Ascend Friends!I know you’re hungry for this news update!We are super excited to announce the launch of For Real Food
, the prepared meal service and personal cooking school brought to you by Scott Wiese, Ascend’s general manager and Food Dude.
Yay For Real Food!!
Scott is making his menu of organic whole food available for pick up at Ascend or by delivery. Each week there will be a selection of vegetable offerings and proteins.
Here’s what Scott has to say, from the For Real Food webpage:
“For Real Food is the living, breathing expression of my core beliefs about food and cooking. Cooking (and eating!) might be a satisfying way to take time for yourself and really practice being present, using all of your senses”.
“I make a weekly menu of organic prepared foods based on the teaching of Paul Chek and the Weston A. Price foundation, and make home or office deliveries. I get foods that I feel good about, and prepare them in a way that reflects my culinary background, training, and quirks (free quirks!)”.
“I also teach a Personalized Cooking School. The Cooking School is based out of private homes, and the courses can cover the entire spectrum of major cooking techniques and minor tips. I encourage people to experiment with their responses to food, using the Holistic Lifestyle training I received from the C.H.E.K Institute. I also help people to overcome their feelings of confusion, and/or being overwhelmed by the prospect of cooking for themselves. Mostly I get to help people uncover the things that they love about food and cooking, and I stoke the fire of that love until it can burn bright.”
How rad does that sound!!
Just some of the choices that make For Real Food special:
- All glass, reusable containers for your food.
- All cooking is done in non-reactive cookware (stainless steel, enamel, glass, limited cast iron).
- Ingredients are chosen from the best sources (organic, local, delicious).
- Special care is given to soak or sprout nuts or seeds for ease of digestion.
- Fermented/Cultured vegetables coming soon 🙂
- Healthy (more stable, more saturated) fats like butter, lard, duck fat, and coconut oil are used for cooking.
- Better salts (Celtic, Himalayan) only.
- No Gluten in the kitchen.
- All the water used is processed by reverse osmosis filtration.
Examples of past menu items include:
- Roasted Fennel and Baby Red Onions
- Tomato Vegetable Soup with Italian Herbs and Heirloom Beans
- Napa Cabbage and Jicama Slaw with Basil Pesto
- Cauliflower “Cous Cous” and Florettes with Fresh Herbs
- Rainbow Carrots and Peperonata
- Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Lard
- Chili Seared Buffalo Tri Tip
- Free Range Frittata with Leeks and Duck Fat
- Petrale Sole with Leeks, Asparagus, and Olives
- Curry Braised Chicken Thighs with Kales
- Tomato and Fennel Braised Calamari
You can check out his latest menu offerings here
. With Scott’s cooking and instruction, there are lots of opportunities for more health and wellness to flow into your life. Check out his webpage, iamforrealfood.com
, and email him at [email protected]
He’ll work with you to schedule a time to meet up and see how you can best get started.In Health (and food!),
Shane and The Ascend Team.