By ascendbody | August 26, 2015 |
Try something a bit different tonight! Lamb is one of the most versatile meats in the world. Not only does the tender red meat have a delicious taste, it is high in vitamins A, B3, B6 and B12, plus it is also one of the richest sources of easily digestible protein. Win Win Win!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 pound lamb, ground, elk, or bison
- 1/8 pound liver, ground
- 1/2 medium onion, yellow, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, granulated
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 8 medium mushrooms, white button or cremini, sliced
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half length-wise with a large knife or cleaver.
- Place cut side down in a shallow baking dish. Add 3/4″ of water to the dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or so, until the squash is soft to the touch.
- After about 30 minutes of baking, heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add lamb, liver, onions, sea salt, granulated garlic, and oregano, and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add mushrooms and continue to cook until lamb is fully done (10-12 minutes). Set aside.
- When squash is done cooking, remove it from the oven and cool until it can be comfortably handled.
- Turn the cut side up, and remove from the rind with a fork. This should be done cross-wise, so the strands of squash fall out like spaghetti.
- Spoon lamb mixture over spaghetti squash to serve. We strongly recommend adding Paleo Pesto or Mojo Verde.