By ascendbody | August 26, 2016 |
Daikon is the Japanese word for “Great Radish”. The daikon radish is a natural digestive aid bearing vitamins A, C and E. Try this super light, simple and delicious recipe and enjoy some daikon radishes today!
- 1 daikon radish
- 1 large carrot
- ½ avocado
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or cold-pressed sesame oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Rinse and peel the outer skin of the daikon radishes with a standard vegetable peeler. Using a julienne peeler (or continue with the standard peeler if you don’t have a julienne peeler), continue to “peel” the radishes into long noodle like pieces.
- Repeat this process with the carrot.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the julienned radishes, avocado and carrots with the chopped cilantro, lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper.