By ascendbody | May 13, 2016 |
Recipe by Step at stupideasypaleo.com
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Serves: Serves 2
- 1 medium bunch kale (lacinato / dino kale works very well here)
- 1 carrot, julienned
- ½ cup golden beets, julienned
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 to 1.5 lemons
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup chopped nuts
- Cut the kale leaves thinly. I cut them down the middle along the vein, then stack them and thinly slice them into ribbons. Place into a large bowl.
- Add the julienned carrot and beets, lemon juice and zest, olive oil, salt and pepper to the kale. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- For best results, allow the salad to sit for at least 30 minutes before serving. The veggies will soften just a bit.
- Top with chopped nuts for a bit more crunch.
For full recipe, go to http://stupideasypaleo.com/2013/09/19/crunchy-kale-salad/