By ascendbody | September 15, 2016 |
Trying to find a great substitute for rice to go with dinner? Why not try cauliflower!! We know it sounds crazy, but it’s true. This super quick and easy recipe will show you how to lose the rice and save your carb allowance for the fun stuff! Enjoy…
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/ 4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Remove the outer leaves and stem from the cauliflower, and chop it into large chunks.
- Shred the cauliflower using a box grater or food processor.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the coconut oil, and place the shredded cauliflower into the skillet. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes or until the cauliflower begins to become translucent, stirring gently to ensure it cooks through.
- Place the cooked cauliflower into a serving bowl, and toss with the chopped cilantro before serving.