By ascendbody | January 13, 2016 |
Stuffed sweet potatoes are a family dinner classic: they’re easy to make, they’re simple to serve, and you can put just about anything in the stuffing. The cranberries here add a nice flavor contrast while the spinach is a great way to sneak some more vegetables into your meal. Note: This recipe calls for pre-baked sweet potatoes.
Recipe credit: Paleo Leap http://paleoleap.com/chicken-cranberry-sweet-potatoes/
- 4 sweet potatoes, previously baked
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 3/4 cups of fresh cranberries
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- a cooking fat of your choice (coconut oil, butter, ghee, olive oil, avocado oil…)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Put the potatoes in the oven 45 minutes to 1 hour (depending on the size of your potatoes) before you plan to start cooking the chicken; by the time you’re ready to stuff them, they should be done.
- Melt your cooking fat in a skillet place over a medium-high heat.
- Cook the diced chicken until just cooked through.
- Add the cranberries to the chicken and cook until soft.
- Add the spinach and nutmeg. Sauté until the spinach has wilted and remove the pan from the heat.
- Place the 4 already cooked sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Slice them open and divide the filling equally among them.
- Season each sweet potato to taste and bake just until everything is warm (about 15 min).