- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp cooking oil of choice (we like avocado oil!)
- ½ small onion, diced
- 1 lb 80-85 % lean ground beef
- ½ cup diced tomatoes (from a can, no salt added)
- ½ tsp fine grain sea salt
- ½ – 1 tsp chipotle chili pepper (I used ¾ tsp)
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Optional toppings – fresh parsley, jalapeño slices, thinly sliced scallions
- First, bake your sweet potatoes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wrap each potato in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for about an hour and 15 minutes or until completely soft in the center. Different potatoes may take different amounts of time to cook!
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, make the chili. Heat a medium/large skillet over medium heat. Add your cooking oil and diced onions, and stir to coat. Once onions are softened, add the ground beef.
- Add the salt and spices and stir, cooking the beef until browned – about 3-4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5-10 more minutes, lowering the heat to avoid burning.
- Cut open your sweet potatoes, stuff with plenty of chili, top with parsley, jalapeño or scallions if desired, and enjoy!
To learn more about this savory paleo dinner idea, check out our friends over at PaleoRunningMama!