Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (if you are sensitive to spice try 1/8 teaspoon first)
- 2-3 Tablespoons of water
Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 pound sugar snap peas
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the peanut sauce until smooth and creamy. Taste test and adjust seasonings as needed. If the sauce is too thick add a touch more water to thin.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Toss the peas with the olive oil and salt. Set a wire rack or grill basket on the grill grate and grill peas, turning occasionally, until lightly charred. About 4 minutes.
- Serve peas with the dipping sauce and serve warm or at room temperature.
To learn more about this great paleo happy-hour snack, check out our friends over at Dishing Up The Dirt!